The Program Director is a direct service champion responsible for implementing a dynamic program experience and building transformative relationships for Amplify Chicago, a start-up initiative under The Academy Group.
Amplify Chicago is a justice system to professional pathway for young people ages 20-26. This program is designed to drive economic development and wealth creation in Chicago’s most resilient communities.
The Program Director serves as the programmatic anchor for Amplify with responsibilities spanning cohort recruitment, program implementation and ongoing post-graduation support. This includes serving as the onsite culture and expectations keeper and overseeing logistics and program flow. It is essential that the Program Director live and breathe an entrepreneurial mindset. We are committed to an adaptive approach and strive to remain on the cutting edge of wealth-building innovations and opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of resilient communities’ strengths, challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of The Academy Group and the objectives of Amplify Chicago.
- Experience developing caring, trusting, and reliable relationships with young people and their families; and the ability to provide personalized care, support, and challenge participants as they advance through the program model.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with Community Based Organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills with the ability to be persuasive and compassionate.
- Strong organizational, strategic planning, and project management skills.
- Ability to manage autonomy and work under dynamic, evolving conditions; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analysis and written skills; ability to operate a personal computer and various software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
- Expertise with life and employment counseling and case-management.
- Expertise with program design, ideally with young people who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
- Experience in trauma informed practices, restorative justice and/or cognitive behavioral theory a plus.
Recruitment and Cohort Selection:
- Manage the recruitment process from design to final selection, including outreach, logistics, interviews, events, etc.
- Identify and confirm recruitment/referral partners prior to the selection process
- Manage the transition from recruitment phase to program start, including the completion of all pre-requisites for final talent candidates.
Program design and preparation:
- Ensure that all programmatic components are “unschooled” and that all curriculum and activities are culturally and developmentally appropriate and of the highest quality.
- Research, identify, and purchase tools, assessments and systems designed for accelerated learning and diploma/certification achievement (Penn Foster) and fully integrate them into the program model.
- Integrate academic programming with trauma-informed supports and employment readiness components to create a holistic talent-centered model (BASE plans).
- Partner with Executive Director in designing full engagement support strategy.
- Ensure the full program model is implemented with fidelity and rigor.
- Serve as the BASE (Business, Academic, Social, Emotional) Coach to Amplify participants in their journey.
- Facilitate sessions/topics with talent as needed/appropriate (restorative circles, social-emotional learning, employment and readiness).
- Manage the integration and successful deployment of programmatic partners (math, investing, clinical, etc.).
- Track all data and progress toward goals, including case management related data.
- Inform the continued build out and refinement of the Salesforce case management system/tool.
- Provide timely and effective interventions for young people and their families in emergency/crisis situations as necessary.
- Partner with Executive Director in making sure that the employers are prepared as supervisors and equipped in terms of site logistics and policies to receive, manage and invest in Amplify talent.
- Provide intensive coaching, case management and group supports to talent following the 4-month in-house program.
This position is based in Chicago.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Academy Group offers a competitive salary and comprehensive medical, vision, dental and 401K package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter and resume via Indeed.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.