The Program Director serves as the programmatic and clinical anchor for Amplify Chicago, a new initiative under The Academy Group (more information in Who We Are section). Amplify Chicago is a justice system to professional pipeline for people ages 18-24 designed to drive economic development and wealth creation in Chicago’s most resilient communities.
The Program Director is responsible for the design and implementation of the BASE (Business, Academic, Social, Emotional) Coaching model for individual and group supports as well as partnering with the Project Manager on oversight and quality control of the program. Organized around the structures and values of a transformational healing relationship, BASE Coaching focuses on addressing traumatic stress in order to maximize academic growth and employment readiness. The Director is responsible for BASE Coaching day-to-day data capture and tracking individual progress from intake through each phase of support and programming.
This position will also serve as the onsite culture and expectations keeper and oversee logistics and program flow. Additionally, as a start-up initiative piloting its first cohort, this Director is expected to contribute to the ongoing development and refinement of the model in order to drive maximum long-term impact. This position reports to the Amplify Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of community strengths, challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of The Academy Group (AG) and the objectives of Amplify Chicago
- Experience developing caring, trusting, and reliable relationships with young people and families; ability to leverage relationships in order to provide personalized care and support
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with community-based organizations
- Significant experience developing and implementing training for clinicians and non-clinicians who work with young people
- Significant experience delivering clinical/social supports and implementing restorative practices with high risk young men and women
- Strong interpersonal, analysis, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational/strategic planning/project management skills
- Resiliency under pressure, de-escalation intervention skills
- Demonstrate mission-focus, passion, integrity and zest
- Ability to work independently and handle simultaneous tasks
- Ability to operate a personal computer and maintain confidential information
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in social work, psychology or related field preferred
- Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years working with a racially, culturally and socioeconomically diverse caseload of young people and their families
- Expertise in trauma informed interventions and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Training/expertise in making psychosocial assessments and designing intervention plans
- Experience implementing restorative justice practices preferred
- Complete and coordinate the participant intake and assessment process
- Working closely with other Amplify staff, create and monitor individual BASE Plans
- Conduct and document Base Coaching sessions each week
- Document significant contacts, events and progress through Salesforce
- Identify and mobilize around the clinical needs of participants
- Cultivate referral services including substance abuse, childcare, expungement, etc.
- Organize, facilitate, and supervise trainings for the development of participants including manhood, cognitive behavioral Intervention, mindfulness, etc.
- Partner with Amplify team to ensure all expectations and goals are being met excellently
- Provide professional development and supervision to additional staff as appropriate
- Serve as the keeper of restorative justice (RJ) practices for Amplify, including the integration of RJ practices throughout the program design and components
- Working closely with the Amplify team, inform the continued build out and refinement of the Salesforce case management system/tool
- Provide timely and effective intervention for young people and families in crisis situations
- Create a participant crisis protocol and train Amplify staff on proper implementation
- Working with the Amplify team, design and implement recognition and incentive structures
- Assist in recruitment efforts for subsequent cohorts
- Provide clinical advice and consultation to AG as needed and appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Academy Group offers a competitive salary and comprehensive medical, vision, dental and 401K package
WHO WE ARE
The Academy Group
The Academy Group (AG) is a unique enterprise founded to realize the long-term potential of young people from underserved communities across the United States. In 2017, we launched the Chicago Academy. We expect to establish Academies in cities across the nation in the years ahead. AG students develop agency and belief through: high dosage, individualized academic programming; case-based business curriculum; college and career counseling; rigorous job preparation and internships and; personalized advising and mentoring. AG is built on a sustainable business model that aligns the commercial and social sectors. AG takes ownership stakes in a diverse portfolio of companies to fund the education programs, provide internships for students, and create employment opportunities for AG graduates.
An initiative founded under the AG umbrella and fueled by the same belief that talent is ubiquitous, Amplify Chicago (Amplify) builds justice system to professional pathways for young people age 18-24. Amplify recruits’ participants from community-based organizations, alternative schools and local justice-system institutions, and will launch with a cohort of 10 young men in February 2019. Amplify’s model includes career-specific academic curriculum, experiential learning, restorative justice practices, trauma-informed interventions, employment readiness training and immersive employment experiences. Together, Amplify and AG will accelerate impact by taking advantage of economies of scale and promoting collaboration.
This position is based in Chicago
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter and resume via Indeed.com or Idealist.org.