Learning Designer (Summer)
Fueled by the belief that talent is ubiquitous, the Academy Group unlocks opportunity for young people from the most resilient communities to realize their full potential.
The Academy Group is a fourteen-year journey that develops students’ core understanding of leadership, business, and justice topics. We accept rising fourth-grade and tenth-grade students. Their journey begins with summer and school year programming that includes experiential learning and acceleration in literacy and mathematics.
Current Student Population
As an organization, the Academy Group serves students from across the city of Chicago. Students are represented in fourth, fifth, sixth, tenth, and eleventh grade. At scale, the Academy Group will serve 1000 students in grades 4 – 12, with graduates enrolled in colleges and universities.
Summer Learning Designer Job Description
The Academy Group is currently seeking Summer Learning Designers to teach in the elementary or high school Summer Academy. The Learning Designer (LD) will create and execute innovative education programming, with a pedagogical focus on Project-Based Learning. The LD will be responsible for creating and teaching a rigorous and engaging (student-centered) summer project. In addition, the LD will develop structures to effectively facilitate a student-centered learning environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge and experience with designing creative instructional units and/or projects
- Knowledge and experience with developing authentic student assessments
- Experience with creating a student-centered learning environment
- Resourceful to strengthen and expand programming experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective multi-tasker
- Goal oriented and results-driven
- Collaborative, analytical problem-solver
- Resilience under pressure
- Minimum of three years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Experience with curriculum, instructional, and assessment design
- Experience with program development, implementation and evaluation
- Experience working with a diverse student population
This position will be based in Chicago.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academy Group is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Academy Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.