Partnership Development Manager
Who we are
The Academy Group (AG) is a unique social enterprise that leverages earned revenue from financial investments to create world-class opportunities for young people from the nation’s most resilient communities. The Academy Group is demonstrating the promise of a new model for identifying, developing, and sustaining a diverse national pipeline of future leaders, employers, and change agents. We were founded based upon a unique model. One that creates pathways for black and brown students, if they demonstrate relentless pertinacity, to build wealth and become socially just change agents, ideally through careers and leadership positions in our portfolio companies. No other organization in the world is built to do this.
To further support its mission and operations, The Academy Group seeks a charismatic, visionary, strategic leader who is highly adaptable and eager to meet and exceed the needs of our rapidly expanding organization. This individual will lead with exceptional communication, a proven track record of high level project management, and fluency in innovative thinking.
The Partnership Development Manager will play an integral role in managing The Academy Group’s Partnership Portfolio. The ideal candidate will join a talented, passionate, diverse, and dynamic group of individuals who embody The Academy Group’s core values: Excellence. Determination. Justice.
The Partnership Development Manager will report to the Managing Partner & Chief of Development.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Support and oversee the development and implementation of our AG Partnership Portfolio. This portfolio will demonstrate a continuum of engagement from elementary school through college cohorts. Similarly, it will exhibit strong integration with AG Core Program components across all cohorts. The Partnership Portfolio will include the creation of a long term public and private partnership strategy and implementation plan that will include the following:
- Conduct and report on an environmental analysis of the current mid to senior level employment landscape indicating the gaps in employment across the public and private sector for Black and Latinx professionals.
- Cultivate a strategy for the Partnerships Portfolio to create opportunities for Academy Group students to be placed in professional internships and advanced careers where Black and Latinx professionals are currently low in number.
- Create a marketing framework that enables the Partnerships and Career Readiness (Radical Professionalism) departments to professionally and strategically promote both AG and our students.
- Oversee the Internship Placement calendar and activities to ensure continued alignment with the Partnerships Portfolio Strategy and individually established outcomes for AG high school and college students.
- Manage all aspects of the Partnership Portfolio including the following:
- Prospective Partner Activity
- Secured Partner List
- Partnership Recruitment Activity and Events
- Partner Data
- Student Data
- Career Outcome Goal alignment monitoring
- Academy Group Organizational Goals
- Career Department Goals
- Individualized Student Goals
- Conduct bi-annual Partnership Portfolio status presentations for the organization.
- Contribute relevant Partnership Portfolio information to Academy Group Annual Report.
- Continuously engage in collaborative Academy Group and Partner co-led development and support of a career pipeline for Academy Group students.
Additional shared accountabilities/duties
- Bring both a process-oriented approach as well as creative thinking to build our partner pipeline.
- Participate in collaboration and communication with various teams as needed.
- Able to make quick decisions and solve problems to provide a productive environment for project implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/BA required; MBA Preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications, Development, or related field.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Broad functional experience in the areas of strategic planning, project management, business development, and market research.
- Successful track record in marketing and managing portfolios.
- Demonstrated evidence of relentless pertinacity in both their professional and personal background.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multi-disciplinary project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, specifically students from the “most resilient communities.”
- Demonstrated analytical skills; must be highly efficient with a strong attention to detail.
- Passion, integrity, zeal, mission-focus, and disciplined work ethic.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL.
Compensation and Benefits
The Academy Group offers a competitive salary and comprehensive medical, vision, dental and 401k package.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Continually required to stand, walk, sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places.
- Occasionally loud noise (construction).
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send your resume and a short (<250 words) note about your interest in the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org