Lead Learning Designer
Fueled by the belief that talent is ubiquitous, the Academy Group unlocks opportunity for young people from the most resilient communities to realize their full potential.
The Academy Group is a fourteen-year journey that develops students’ core understanding of wealth creation, business, leadership, and justice topics. We accept rising fourth-grade and tenth-grade students. Their journey begins with summer and school year programming that includes experiential learning, high school, college and career awareness. Also, the students have access to academic acceleration and differentiated enrichment experiences.
The Lead Learning Designer Summary
The lead learning designer is an instrumental member of the Academy team. The lead learning designer provides curriculum support and guidance to Academy part-time staff members. The lead learning designer engages in a range of effective and engaging pedagogical approaches and serves as a model practitioner. The lead designer reports to the Director of Academics.
The lead learning designer classroom is on display and functions as a demonstration lab for part-time learning designers. Where applicable, the lead learning designer provides virtual individual or small group tutoring. In addition, the lead learning designer engages in collaborative discourse and planning around students’ academic needs – as informed by multiple data points. Success will require a deep expertise in curriculum design and best-instructional practices; along with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of professionals.
The lead learning designer’s approach to work should reflect the core values and habits of the Academy staff: tireless focus on excellence, determination in spite of obstacles, impeccable integrity, willingness to work hard, ability to learn from multiple sources, relentless focus on results, constant reflection and self-awareness, zest, social intelligence, and pertinacity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop core program curriculum frameworks; Support part-time curriculum writers in course curriculum development process
- Coordinate and support the part-time learning designers with curriculum materials and related program materials
- Gather and analyze program and students’ academic data
- Develop program reports and facilitate data analysis cycles
- Provide virtual tutoring and academic support to affiliate students
- Facilitate Saturday program and Summer program business and/or justice course
- Support Saturday program logistics
- Collaborate with full-time and part-time team members on the cognitive and noncognitive needs of students
Additional shared accountabilities/duties
- Build agency and belief in Academy students
- Promote individual student success
- Communicate with student, families and the Academy team regarding student progress
- Support with the collection of students’ report cards
Education and experience requirements of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s in education or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years of teacher-leadership experience
- Successful experience serving African American and Latino students
Additionally, the Lead Learning Designer will have a proven track record demonstrating the following capabilities
- Understanding of current trends and best practices in education and curriculum development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with a diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-focus, and autonomous nature
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Ability to work under dynamic, evolving conditions
This position will be based in Chicago.
The Academy offers competitive benefits and salary for this role. aligned to senior administrative staff of a top tier education program.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org