Full-time, Non-Exempt, target annual salary $40K-$50K dependent upon experience
The Academy Group seeks an Accounting Coordinator to support basic accounting and human resources functions, working with the Director of Finance and Director of Talent. We are looking for a team player who is self-directed, extremely organized, and motivated to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual who relishes in adhering to policy and thrives on meeting deadlines. If you are professional with a strong sense of discretion and attention to detail, we want to hear from you.
- Reconcile credit cards, review and process employee expense requests and reimbursements, ensuring compliance to internal policy
- Manage new vendor set up, including W-9 and ACH forms
- Manage procurement process
- General A/P and A/R support obtaining complete and accurate documentation and assigning coding in alignment with the budget and internal policy
- Manage and reconcile petty cash
- Assemble data for budget to actuals analysis
- Perform a wide variety of Human Resources support including benefit administration, vendor invoice payment, audit and reconciliation
- Provide on/off-boarding support for full-time and seasonal staff
- Maintain orderly electronic financial filing system, scan, file, and track accounting and HR documentation
- Other duties as requested or assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Business or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, expense reimbursements
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Experience with QuickBooks Online, Sage INTACCT, Bill.com, expense reimbursements
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people. Strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive; ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment of frequent change and ambiguity
- Service oriented: can-do positive attitude, welcoming, considerate, resourceful, tech-savvy, and quick on your feet with a strong sense of commitment to excellence and meeting goals.
WHO WE ARE
The Academy Group (AG) is a unique enterprise founded to realize the long-term potential of young people from underserved communities across the United States. In 2017, we launched the Chicago Academy. We expect to establish Academies in cities across the nation in the years ahead. AG students develop agency and belief through: high dosage, individualized academic programming; case-based business curriculum; college and career counseling; rigorous job preparation and internships and; personalized advising and mentoring. AG is built on a sustainable business model that aligns the commercial and social sectors. AG takes ownership stakes in a diverse portfolio of companies to fund the education programs, provide internships for students, and create employment opportunities for AG graduates.
This position is based in Chicago
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Academy Group offers a competitive salary and comprehensive medical, vision, dental and 401K package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a short (<250 words) note about your interest in the role to email@example.com.