Systems and Hardware Administrator at the Chicago Academy
Who we are
The Academy Group (AG) is a unique enterprise founded to realize the long-term potential of young people from underserved communities across the United States. Designed to tap into the deep wells of often overlooked talent that exists nationwide, the Academy Group empowers youth to thrive in school, work and life.
In 2017 we launched the Chicago Academy, with an enrollment to grow to 1,000. We expect to establish Academies in cities across the nation in the years ahead. Academy students develop the agency and belief to excel. They receive high dosage, individualized academic programming from elementary school through college; a case based business curriculum focused on building entrepreneurial, financial and analytic expertise; college and career counseling; rigorous job preparation and internships and; personalized advising and executive mentoring. Students attend their home schools, colleges and universities – with Academy programming occurring after school, on weekends and throughout the summer. The core values of the Academy Group are excellence, determination and justice.
The Academy Group is built on a sustainable business model that aligns the commercial and social sectors. The Academy Group take ownership stakes in a diverse portfolio of commercial companies. The earned revenue generated from the Academy Group Companies funds the education programs, provide apprenticeships for students through college and create employment opportunities to Academy Group graduates.
Ultimately, the Academy Group aims to generate a new class of innovators and leaders by delivering long-term opportunities for exceptional young people to own, operate and create successful companies across multiple sectors.
To further support its mission and operations, the Academy Group seeks a Systems and Hardware Administrator who has an appetite for technical and professional development. The Administrator will play an integral role in managing the Academy Group’s technology resources within a robust educational fast-growing organization.
The ideal candidate is highly adaptable and eager to meet – and exceed – the needs of our rapidly expanding organization, with exceptional communication, project management skills, as well as fluency in innovative thinking. He/she will join a talented, passionate, diverse, and innovative group of individuals who embody the Academy Group’s core values: Excellence. Determination. Justice.
The Administrator will report to the Chief Operating Officer in the interim and the Chief Technology Officer in the long term.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation program-wide technology solutions with schools and site management
- Troubleshoot and manage all hardware with employees and student laptops
- Configure and deploy student laptops and chrome books for all Academy students
- Identify resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability
- Design processes for management, setup, and maintenance of equipment and networks
- Contribute to programming design from the technology requirements
- Responsible for product procurement and hardware system purchases and configurations
- Manage and stay current with technology progress and deployment with the organization
- Establish technology related procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases
- Manage systems and passwords in a scalable and organized process
- Provide direction and technical expertise in design, development and systems integration
- Provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members
Additional shared accountabilities/duties
- Responsible for collaboration and communication with various teams as needed
- Contribute and attend regular status meetings with all necessary programming staff
- Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation
Who we are looking for
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in Networking and Information Technology field
- Proficiency in Jamf MDM, Salesforce and Salesforce Integration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, integrity, zest, mission-focus, and autonomous nature
- Ability to work in high-pressure, deadline driven environment
- Outstanding leaderships skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Ability to work under dynamic, evolving conditions
This position will be based in Chicago.
Compensation and Benefits
The Academy Group offers a competitive salary and comprehensive medical, vision, dental and 401k package.
Please send your resume and a short (<250 words) note about your interest in the role to: email@example.com