Who We Are
In 2017 we launched the Chicago Academy, with an enrollment to grow to 1,000. We expect to establish Academies in cities across the nation in the years ahead. Academy students develop the agency and belief to excel. They receive high dosage, individualized academic programming from elementary school through college; a case based business curriculum focused on building entrepreneurial, financial and analytic expertise; college and career counseling; rigorous job preparation and internships and; personalized advising and executive mentoring. Students attend their home schools, colleges and universities – with Academy programming occurring after school, on weekends and throughout the summer. The core values of the Academy Group are excellence, determination and justice.
The Academy Group is built on a sustainable business model that aligns the commercial and social sectors. The Academy Group take ownership stakes in a diverse portfolio of commercial companies. The earned revenue generated from the Academy Group Companies funds the education programs, provide apprenticeships for students through college and create employment opportunities to Academy Group graduates.
Ultimately, the Academy Group aims to generate a new class of innovators and leaders by delivering long-term opportunities for exceptional young people to own, operate and create successful companies across multiple sectors.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the administrative, organizational and operational management of The Academy Group. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and operational related tasks with minimal supervision, will be exceedingly well organized, flexible and can easily adapt in a growing environment.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Chief of Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Completes and Manages a broad variety of administrative functions for the Management Team including:
- Execute calendar management functions as well as ensuring timing and logistical details are in place
- Completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence and presentations; arranging travel plans, itineraries and materials for travel-related meetings
- Meticulously lead special projects within tight deadlines
Board Liaison Functions
- Interfaces with and provides general support to the Board of Directors.
- Creates and maintains the Board of Directors and Board committees’ annual calendars.
- Distributes all Board and Board committee meeting reminders, agendas, reports, and presentations.
- Attends and takes minutes at all Board and Board Committee meetings and provides minutes and recap to all appropriate individuals.
Managing and maintaining office space to ensure it is orderly and functional, to include but not limited to the following:
- Judiciously orders office supplies, business cards, coordinates food orders for meetings and programming
- Assist with and facilitate wellness and employee initiatives
- Assists with pre and post onboarding of new hires by ordering key cards and telephones, setting up workstation and creating a welcoming first day impression
Programmatic/Programming Academy Functions:
Coordinates the administrative aspects of various educational programs being conducted during the school year and summer programming, to include:
- Effectively keep and manage programming inventory
- Work with Director of Operations to implement strategic operational plans to ensure programming runs smoothly
Education and experience requirements of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a mission-driven organization including:
• 3+ years of administrative experience working for executives and/or senior management
- In-depth understanding of office management and daily operations
Personal Skills and Competencies
- Passion, integrity, zest, mission-focus, and autonomous nature
- Ability to exercise considerable discretion and judgment
- Stellar organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and demonstrate flexibility
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal abilities
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Ability to work under dynamic, evolving conditions
This position will be based in Chicago.
The Academy Group offers a competitive salary and comprehensive medical, vision, dental and 401k package. The salary range for this position is up to $65,000.
Send your resume to email@example.com